Though we’re never just one element at any time, its common for us to be closer to one more than the others. The element you associate with may share traits, both positive and negative, with you. Knowing your element can help you understand yourself and help you overcome problems that you encounter because of it.
Note that the element that you associate with now may change with time and personal growth.
So, how does one find their element? Well, first you gotta know the elements. Each one has its own set of traits.
Now, I won’t be listing all of the correspondence for each element, just the ones I think may be relevant to the topic.
- Colors: Yellow, sky blue
- Direction: East
- Season: Spring
- Compliment: Fire
- Opposite: Earth
- Positive Traits: Joyful, humorous, intelligent, intuitive, communicative.
- Negative Traits: Loves gossip, chatterbox, loud, messy, selfish, manipulative, boastful, know-it-all.
- Possible Fears: Suffocation, being buried alive, being wrong/being stupid, stagnation.
- Colors: Brown, green
- Direction: North
- Season: Winter
- Compliment: Water
- Opposite: Air
- Positive Traits: Reliable, level-headed, punctual, good with money, preserving, wise.
- Negative Traits: Materialistic, narrow minded, stubborn, greedy.
- Possible Fears: Heights, falling, financial crisis, change.
- Colors: Red, orange
- Direction: South
- Season: Summer
- Complement: Air
- Opposite: Water
- Positive Traits: Energetic, out-going, courageous, loyal, passionate.
- Negative Traits: Power hungry, dominating, egotistical, stubborn, resentful, violent, reckless.
- Possible Fears: Lack of control or lack of power, fear of large bodies of water or drowning.
- Colors: Blue, silver
- Direction: West
- Season: Fall
- Complement: Earth
- Opposite: Fire
- Positive Traits: Compassionate, loving, forgiving, empathetic, easy going, modesty.
- Negative Traits: Weepy, overly sensitive, frigid, lazy, insecure, dependent, indifferent.
- Possible Fears: Burning alive, losing loved ones, being alone.
When looking at one’s own traits and flaws it’s important to be honest with yourself and open to your intuition. If you find you can’t decide between two or more elements ask around, see what others think you are. It might help you narrow it down.
Thank you for reading! Feel free to ask any questions or to leave any suggestions.
WATER, definitely!!! 🧜🏼♀️🌊